Notification for Double Degree Post Graduate Programme in Signal Processing with BTH Sweden
DOUBLE DEGREE postgraduate PROGRAMME IN SIGNAL PROCESSING (18*Seats – Intake)
M. Tech. in Signal Processing by JNTU Kakinada, India and Master of Science in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in Signal Processing, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
1. Double Degree Postgraduate Program (DDP) is designed for the advantage of Student Community through which students can acquire M. Tech. degree from JNTU Kakinada and M. Sc. degree from Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden. This Postgraduate degree is recognized in India through JNTU Kakinada and in Europe through Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden and globally through JNTU Kakinada and BTH. The main objective of the programme is to enable the students to derive the advantage of getting exposed to expertise available in both the countries. This special arrangement increases the face value of the degree and makes it free from local recognition hurdles which students usually face at the time of employment or Ph. D. Studies in India after pursuing studies in foreign universities. This program protects the future of the students in a better way both in India and abroad.
2. Applications for admission into M.Tech/ M. Sc. - Signal Processing under DDP will be processed jointly by JNTU Kakinada and Blekinge Institute of Technology.
3. There will be no provision for students to discontinue the studies in the middle of the program and claim alternative degree.
4. All Admissions are purely provisional and the university reserves the right to cancel the admission at any stage.
4. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
BE/BTECH/AMIE in ECE, EIE, AMIE (Electronics and Telecommunication Engg.) / AMIETE (Electronics & Telematics Engg.) or Equivalent
5. ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Education in “English” as medium of instruction from secondary (10th Class) and Intermediate level (10+2) to the university level.
6. STRUCTURE OF DOUBLE DEGREE POSTGRADUATE PROGRAM
The program is structured in 4 semesters (24 months) in such a way that, student pursue their education both in India and Sweden.
I- Semester at JNTU Kakinada, II-Semester & III-Semester at BTH, Sweden, IV-Semester is open for choice of students, they can choose JNTU Kakinada, India or BTH, Sweden.
7. FEES STRUCTURE
Rs. 1, 50,000 /- for the entire program.
8. VISA REQUIREMENTS
There will be no tuition fee charged at Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden for their period of study at Sweden under Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) with JNTU Kakinada. Students should be able to fund their living expenses only for the stay at Sweden. Students should be able to show a minimum financial requirement of SEK 7300 per month for the entire planned study period. Documentation certifying one’s own must be provided at the time of applying visa. (For 12 months--- SEK 87600 approximately equivalent to Rs 6, 00,000/- & for 18months --- SEK 131400 approximately equivalent to Rs 9, 00,000/- is financial requirement as per the rules of Swedish Migration Board). However, the actual living expenses may be much less and depends on the individual style of living. For further details check www.migrationsverket.se
NOTE: Students are responsible to show the required financial proofs to the migration authorities while applying for student permit (VISA). BTH or JNTU Kakinada will be no way responsible for the visa rejections caused on the grounds of in- sufficient financial funds/ statements in front of Migration Board.
9. HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to download application form from the website www.jntuk.edu.in.The duly filled in application with 2 sets of all the enclosures should reach the Director, Foreign Universities & Alumni Relations, JNTU Kakinada, Kakinada- 533 003 by post or in person before 5.00 p.m. on 31st August, 2010. Applications received after 31st August 2010 will not be accepted. Office of the Directorate of Foreign Universities & Alumni Relations will not be responsible for the non-receipt or late receipt of applications sent by Post / Courier. In complete applications are liable to be summarily rejected.
10. LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO ATTACH WITH THE APPLICATIONS
11. IMPORTANT DATES
Last date for Applications Submission: - 30st July, 2010 by 5.00 pm
*Announcement of eligible candidates for counselling: - 31st July, 2010
Date of Counselling for students: - 5th August, 2010 at 10.00 am.
Commencement of 1st Semester Class work at JNTU KAKINADA: - 16th August, 2010
12. IMPORTANT CONTACTS
Dr. P. Udaya Bhaskar, Director, Foreign Universities & Alumni Relations, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada, Kakinada-533 003, Andhra Pradesh, Mobiles:- 98482 31304, 96187 45555
Sri Velpula Gurudutt Kumar, Project Manager – Double Degree Programme, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden, Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org,Mobile:- 00-91-9949952260 (India),00-46-734405670 (Sweden)
Dr. I. Santhi Prabha, Head of Electronics& Communication Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada, Kakinada-533 003, Andhra Pradesh, Mobile: 80089 13555-----------------------------------------------------------------------------